Animal Health Facility
Improving the lives of animals
The client required a full strip out of a redundant sterile facility, to be replaced with the construction of a new manufacturing and filling facility with two manufacturing rooms, two filling rooms and a purified water plant room.
Scope of the project
- Complete refurbishment of an existing redundant area including fabric, mechanical, electrical and process services to create a manufacturing and packing facility.
- Process Equipment - The design incorporated a new purified water generation plant and distribution pipework, seven process mixing vessels (1,000Ltr to 10,000Ltr) within two manufacturing rooms (one of the rooms constructed to ATEX standards), two CIP systems serving the vessels and distribution pipework and validated process control system.
- HVAC - Design incorporated eight new Air Handling Unit’s with HEPA filtered supply air at high level and low level filtered extract air.
- Utilities Services - To service the new facility, the design incorporated a new compressed air system to deliver oil-free air dry filtered air, nitrogen manifold and distribution pipework, a new ATEX-certified vacuum system and a new dust extract system with flexible arms at point of use.
- Finishes - Included the design and provision of specialist wall finish and flooring specification.
- Specialist Furniture - Cleanroom doors fitted with dropdown seals and high-speed uPVC doors maintain the pressure cascades within the facility.
The project was completed on time and to budget.